Monday, December 21, 2015

The Summer I turned Pretty Book Review



The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)Title: The Summer I Turned Pretty
Author: Jenny Han
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Blurb: 
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along. 


Review:
I had my sights on this series for like 3 years now and finally recently stumbled on this again on goodreads. Boy, I don't even know why I hadn't read it when I first saw the book!

I love it like a teenager mooning over his crush. This is my third book by Jenny Han and now I can say that I'd read all her chick lit books. Seriously. I just love the whole vibe this book gives off. When I was reading this, I felt like I have a Jenny Han cocoon and no one can ever disturb me. I love shutting off the world and devour this book.

This was light and easy to read. Though it took awhile before I got used to the narration jumping off to the past. But I love it. It made the characters and the story more engaging.

I love Jenny Han's writing style. It has this teenage touch that teenagers and teenagers at heart can really relate and connect to. The main protagonist's character development was really pronounced for me and the situations in this book were really realistic. I have a brother and sisters, so yeah, the situations were really on point.


Reading this book in December made me wish it is summer already. I imagine the beach, the smell of the summer's sea breeze, the Sun, the sea. Still, this book is perfect for any holiday read. Just to be safe, if you are reading this, ready the next two books. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname